Thursday, December 01, 2016

Read in November

I'm getting closer to the way this is supposed to work, so I don't need to waste as much space up here with excuses. So, um, these are the books I read in November 2016, and they probably all have links to the posts I wrote about those books.

Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin, The Private Eye (11/1)

Jules Feiffer, Cousin Joseph (11/2)

Bill Griffith, Invisible Ink (11/7)

Ben Hatke, Mighty Jack (11/8)

Mike Mignola and Dave Stewart, Hellboy in Hell, Vol. 2: The Death Card (11/10)

Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang, Paper Girls, Vol. 1 (11/11)

Gilbert Hernandez, Garden of the Flesh (11/13)

John Baxter, Carnal Knowledge (11/13)

Manuele Fior, 5,000 km per second (11/14)

Jeff Parker and Erika Moen, Bucko (11/15)

Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham, Miracleman: The Golden Age (11/16)

Haruki Murakami, Colorless Tsuruku Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage (11/17)

Gina Wynbrandt, Someone Please Have Sex With Me (11/17)

Richard Thompson, The Complete Cul de Sac, Vol. 1 (11/18)

At the moment I type these words, I'm still reading Vol. 2 -- there are only two; the world is cruel and capricious and took Thompson's drawing ability away before it even took him, much too early -- in the same room of the house where I read this first volume. And it doesn't really make any sense to me to write about one and then write about the other: the two books come in a slipcase together, and so have to be considered part of one thing.

So this is just to say that this book has not been forgotten. I will write about both books, eventually, once I get to the end of Cul de Sac. And then there will be a little link above for you to follow.

Kyle Baker, Cartoonist (11/21)

Neil Gaiman, Fabio Moon, and Gabriel Ba, How To Talk to Girls at Parties (11/22)

Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky, Sex Criminals, Vol. 3: Three the Hard Way (11/28)

Neil Gaiman, The View from the Cheap Seats (11/28)

Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples, Saga, Vol. 6 (11/29)

Mike Mignola et. al., Hellboy in Mexico (11/30)



As of this moment (11:06 AM on Christmas Eve), there are finally posts on all of those books written and scheduled. So I'm going to put this index carefully in its place, and update it with links as those last few posts go live. I still think December will go up on time, since I'm on vacation this week, but I make no promises.



No comments:

Post a Comment