Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Read in October

I am actually typing these words in early October, which is how this monthly post is supposed to work. I'm sure that means that calamity lurks right around the corner, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

In any case, these are the books that I read in the dark and brooding month of October, conveniently linked to places where I wrote words I thought might be interesting about those books.

Charles Stross, The Nightmare Stacks (10/3)

Simon Hanselmann, Megg and Mogg in Amsterdam (10/3)

Jennifer Hayden, The Story of My Tits (10/4)

Etienne Davodeau, Lulu Anew (10/5)

Nick Drnaso, Beverly (10/7)

Chris Oliveros, The Envelope Manufacturer (10/10)

Skottie Young, I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 1: Madly Ever After (10/11)

Mike Dawson, Rules for Dating My Daughter (10/12)

China Mieville, This Census-Taker (10/12)

Faith Erin Hicks, The Nameless City (10/14)

Riad Sattouf, The Arab of the Future 2 (10/24)

Eleanor Davis, How to Be Happy (10/25)

Tom Hart, Rosalie Lightning (10/26)

Liz Suburbia, Sacred Heart (10/27)

Glenn Head, Chicago (10/31)

Michael Davis, Street Gang (10/31)


And now I'm writing these words in late November (Thanksgiving Day, actually), which is somewhat later than what I'd prefer. But I got to the end of this list, and words about all of those books are now set to post over the next few days. So I can now call October done and move forward into November. I hope you can, or have, done the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment