Saturday, February 07, 2015

They 're All Worth the Same

Americans get indoctrinated early and often with the legend of specialness -- and we're still the biggest economy and media empire in the world, so that indoctrination spills out to a lot of the rest of you along the way. But most of the best things about the US aren't unique to it, which I think we Americans forget far too often.

So here's a great song about something I hear a lot of crowing about from Americans...but the song is "Scotland's Story," and it's a rousing, inspiring song for any nation that can aspire to the things the Proclaimers are singing about: opportunity, freedom, open-heartedness, equality, community.

I hope this is the story of your nation as well, and I want to keep it the story of my nation.


No comments:

Post a Comment