Thursday, January 12, 2012

You Never Get Happy, Uplifting Music From ME!

But, just this once, I'll make an exception.

I talked about Cloud Cult's Light Chasers record briefly in my Hugo Nominees post -- it's a brilliant, happy, thrilling piece of chamber pop that's both a concept album about a starship journey and an examination of the self, in music that sounds a little bit like what early Yes might have done if they'd all been born thirty years later -- and I realized that I could share a bit of it.

The song "You'll Be Bright," from near the beginning of the record, is available free on the website of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

And, if you don't want to click a link without knowing what you'll get, here's the official video for that song, too:


(But I have to say that the next time I write about music it will probably be another song about committing suicide on New Year's Eve or something equally cheery.)

1 comment:

Dave said...

I like that song. A LOT. Thanks for the introduction.

Post a Comment