Friday, July 02, 2010

Quotes of the Week: Last Words

Some of these may be more or less apocryphal, but I certainly can't ask the people quoted now, can I?

"I wish I had spent more time in the office."
- Henry Royce

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- Pancho Villa

"I just had eighteen straight whiskies. I think that's a record."
- Dylan Thomas

"I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis."
- Humphrey Bogart

"Die? I should say not, dear fellow. No Barrymore would allow such a conventional thing to happen to him."
- John Barrymore

"How were the receipts today at Madison Square Garden?"
- P.T. Barnum

"Turn up the lights. I don't want to go home in the dark."
- O. Henry

"Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."
- Oscar Wilde

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...."
- General John Segdwick

No comments:

Post a Comment