Monday, July 05, 2010

August Realms of Fantasy Transforms and Rolls Out

Subscribers to Realms of Fantasy -- and I'm not touching that recent kerfuffle, thank you very much, though I do hope that people subscribe to the magazines that they read regularly -- should be seeing their copies of the August issue hitting their mailboxes any day now. (Or maybe it hit already; I'm running a few days behind.)

It's got that airbending kid on the cover, from that movie that's gotten wonderful reviews and praise for its brilliantly race-blind casting -- I've just been skimming the news, so I hope I got that right -- and it, sadly, does not feature my column at the very end of the magazine. Yes, once again, my graphic novel column has been squeezed out because there was just too much good fiction. (No complaints from me; that's what a magazine called Realms of Fantasy is for.)

But you can read my August column -- reviewing Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 by Stephenie Meyer and Young Kim [1], Artichoke Tales by Megan Kelso, and A Home for Mr. Easter by Brooke A. Allen -- on Realms' website, so why don't you just go and do that right now,. I'll wait here for you. No, go ahead. Shoo, shoo.


[1] Not Young Neil, which would be awesome in its own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment