Saturday, November 21, 2009

Exceptionally Unlikely Titles for Children's Books

Instead of writing a new post for today, I spent the last hour cleaning up and adding content to my "Reviewing the Mail" post from Monday; I guess I am obsessive. So, have some old content repurposed, so that there's an Antick Musings post dated today.

This is another post I'm exhuming from the Straight Dope Message Board, where I used to spend a lot of time in the early aughts. Again, the topic wasn't my idea, but there was a thread on this subject in 2002, and these were my contributions:
  • Eric Carle's The Very Tourette's Angleworm
  • Mercer Mayer's Little Critter and the Too-Friendly Babysitter
  • The Berenstein Bears Learn About Date Rape
  • One Little Whore: A 9th Avenue Counting Book
  • Pus Is Yellow: A 9th Avenue Book of Colors
  • My Little Golden Book of War Atrocities
  • Marc Brown's Arthur's Mother's New "Special Friend"
  • Divorce Means That Your Parents Hate You
  • The DK Complete Suicide Handbook
  • I Spy Naked Boobies
  • Blue's Clues: Blue Goes Into Heat
  • Dora The Explorer: Over Sendero Luminoso Mountain
  • Bob the Builder: Gay Subtext? What Gay Subtext?
  • Jesus Died So You Could Eat White Bread: A Baptist Book of Guilt
  • You Know, Your Grandmother Would Have Killed To Have Had That Gefiite Fish When She Died in Auschwitz: A Jewish Book of Guilt
  • The Virgin Sees What You Do With Your Private Parts And Cries: A Catholic Book of Guilt
  • Harry Potter and the Succubus

No comments:

Post a Comment