Monday, February 02, 2009

Learning Things About Oneself

You know that I'm pretty shameless about linking to various Amazon sales and promotions -- I try to be up front about it, but I'm sure it's clear that I do get a (small) kickback on any resulting sales, and that's the real reason I mention those things.

But I've just discovered that there are some depths to which I will not descend.

Amazon sent me an e-mail overnight, asking me to help promote a new novel by Robert Fulghum (the guy who hasn't learned anything since kindergarten and has a habit of lying down on things that are on fire) -- it's in five sections, and comes as two volumes in a slipcase, with a CD of music.

Now, I could have really spewed bile over this item, but I don't like attacking books unless there's something actively damaging about them (like Mein Kampf or Ishmael). So I'll just pass. I doubt any of you want that book anyway, and I don't feel like pointing and laughing at it this morning. But this thing does exist, and Amazon -- for whatever incomprehensible reason -- wants to promote it.

No comments:

Post a Comment