Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another List-of-Questions Meme

I haven't done one in a while, and Keith R.A. DeCandido just did three in a row in one post. (Kieth is the Iron Man of Memes, though, so I don't feel so bad in only doing one. I picked the one in the middle, just because.)

1. How old will you turn in 2008?
Thirty-nine

2. Do you think you'll be married by then?
I certainly hope so, since I'm married now.

3. What do you look forward to most in the next 3 months?
I suppose Thing 1's birthday. He's turning 10, so it's an odometer birthday.

4. Do you like to say "I told you so?"
Only when I'm right.

5. Who was the last person to call you?
A creative supervisor from upstairs at working, saying she needs a copy of a book quickly.

6. Do you prefer call or text?
I prefer neither. Can I insert "e-mail?"

7. Do you have any pets?
There is one cat and one fish in my house. They are not my pets. The fact that I seem to now be the one who most regularly feeds the cat is deplorable, but I expected it.

8. What were you doing at 1:30 am?
As far as anyone else knows, sleeping.

9. What were you doing at 3:00 am?
I decline to answer that question on the advice of counsel.

10. When is the last time you saw your mom?
Saturday evening, for our standing dinner invitation.

11. What is your mood?
Bemused, as usual when typing a meme aimed at chatty fourteen-year-olds.

12. How many houses have you lived in?
Let's see...apartment in Albany, apartment and two houses in the Rochester area, house in Wayne, apartment in Lodi, house in Pompton Lakes...five.

13. How many city/towns have you lived in?
Seven -- the ones named above, plus Pittsford and Penfield (suburbs of Rochester).

14. Do you prefer shoes, socks or bare feet?
For myself, and for everyone else in my near vicinity, shoes.

15. Are you a social person?
Not in the slightest.

16. What was the last thing you ate?
An apple.

17. What's your favorite color?
Black.

18. What are you doing for your next birthday?
Getting older.

19. What is your favorite TV show?
Don't really have one; I watch very little TV on purpose.

20. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
There's always strawberry jelly in the house, and that's OK, but I usually got for orange marmalade. My favorite, though, is probably apricot jam.

21. Do you like coffee?
I've never had a cup, so I assume "no" without evidence.

22. What are you listening to?
The sound of my fingers typing. (Previously: someone's child playing a "Super Mario" game on a handheld -- I'm going to guess a DS -- in the next officicle, which made me intensely homesick.) Update: she's back!

23. Do you have an iPod?
Yes. Two of 'em right now, to be honest. (Because I got a new one before the old one died.)

24. How do you feel about the last person you kissed?
Well, I married her almost fifteen years ago, so I hope that's a clue.

25. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
The right, looking at it.

26. Do you know how to play poker?
In the vague sense that I know how to do differential calculus, yes.

27. What are you thinking about right now?
That my official lunch hour is just about over.

28. Any plans for this weekend?
Not "plans" as such, but I hope to play a bunch of Lego Star Wars on the Wii with Thing 2.

29. Have you cut your hair this week?
Someone else cut it a week ago Saturday, which is close but no cigar. I do shave and trim my beard every morning.

30. Last picture you took?
Two of Thing 1 doing his homework Sunday night, at the kitchen table, using Thing 2's camera.

31. Are you a tease?
Not in the sense this question means, though the boys probably think I tease them a bit.

32. Have you ever been in an ambulance?
Yep. A cheap little converted-mini-van one, back in 2002 for my "heart trouble."

33. Do you prefer an ocean or pool?
Pool; I hate salt water. Lakes are nice, though.

34. Do you smile often?
I smile only when things amuse me, so no.

35. What color are your bed sheets?
A dark, shiny brown. (If I had Thing 2's giant Crayola box, I could probably give you a decorator-style name for it, but I don't.)

36. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
I prefer not to spend money, but I guess food, books, and CDs are the most likely to get me to unbend.

37. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
A wedding ring.

38. Have you heard a rumor about yourself this week?
No, but if you want to start one I'll be evasive and unconvincing...

39. Who is the funniest person you know?
My brother.

41. Where do you want to go to college?
Wrong tense, dear. I wanted to go to Columbia, but the rat bastards wait-listed me, so they won't see a cent when I'm a bloated plutocrat. I did go to Vassar, which was quite nice.

42. Who was the last person to make you cry?
Ellen Page, at the 10:00 show of Juno yesterday morning. (I love days when the kids have school but I'm off from work.)

43. Do you shut off the water while you brush your teeth?
Of course. What do you need water to brush your teeth for? The mouth does have a certain amount of fluid already within it, you know.

44. Do you wish you were with someone right now?
Not in my officicle, no.

45. Are you mad about anything?
No, just mad in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment