Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Lunacon Schedule

I thought I'd posted this already, but I can't find it, so I guess I didn't. If anyone is stalking me, here's how to find me this weekend.

Friday:
The Prolific, Posthumous Tolkien (Brundage B, 5-6)
A look at the ups and downs (and strange twists) Tolkien's literary career has taken since his death.
Participants: Louis Epstein, Daniel Grotta[M], Josepha Sherman, Andrew Wheeler

The State of SF (Poplar, 6-7)
What shape is the field in? How did things change in the last year?
Participants: Marvin Kaye, Paul Levinson, Andrew Porter, Andrew Wheeler[M]

Saturday:
Jane Austen in SFF (Brundage A, 11-12)
While Austen's work seems about as far from speculative fiction as you can get, multiple genre writers have used her characters, books - or Austen herself - in genre stories. Where does the crossover appeal come from?
Participants: Danielle Ackley-McPhail, Patricia Bray, Esther Friesner, Peter Heck, Andrew Wheeler[M]

Is There a Substitute for Story? (Brundage A 1-2)
Once it was New Wave. Now it's Slipstream, Interstitial writing, the 'zine scene. . . . Why do some writers keep trying to write something other than plotted narrative?
Participants: John Joseph Adams, Douglas Elliott Cohen, Ellen Kushner, Darrell Schweitzer[M], Andrew Wheeler

Sunday:
Disappearing from convention activities entirely (I expect) to celebrate Thing 1's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment