Monday, October 02, 2006

In Which I Deliberately Avoid Free Stuff

I just want you all to know that I am officially an important blogger, since a marketing person has tried to get me to promote something he's selling. You may all bask in my reflected glory for a few minutes.

Ok, that's enough.

Sadly, the things in question are two straight-to-video Eloise movies, and I am so much the wrong audience for them (I'm not a girl now, nor was I ever one, and my two children are exceptionally boyish boys) that I'm not going to take this nice marketer up on the offer for free stuff.

For all I know, these are great movies and fun for the whole family -- I know the Eloise books are much-loved (particularly among New York women of the appropriate age and class, and I've met quite a few of them), and they seem to be the kind of thing that could translate to movies without much trouble. But I read the first one in a library a year or two ago, and that little brat is not to my taste, to put it mildly.

But, if the idea interests any of you, please go -- check out the link, buy the videos, tell 'em I sent you. And maybe the next free thing someone offers me will be a better match for my quirky so-called talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment