Thursday, October 26, 2006

Comic Shop Trip: 10/26

I needed to get to the comics shop (since I only make it there once a month to begin with), and I needed to drop off my 2007 health-care forms (they always seem to be due the week I'm on vacation), so I took a quick trip into the city.

I managed to get in and out of the office in about half an hour, without picking up my phone or opening my e-mail (though I did open and organize the pile of packages on my desk -- there's some things I'm just compelled to do), so I'm moderately proud of myself.

Anyway, at that comics store, I got three comics and two manga-sized trade paperbacks for Thing 1 (the latter to be doled out for car trips, bribes, and whatnot), and, for myself, two comics and a bunch of books:
  • Dork #11, the new Evan Dorkin comic
  • Castle Waiting, Vol. 2 # 2, which will go on the pile under #1, and get read eventually
  • Path of the Assassin, Vol. 2
  • PvP at Large, a collection of the webcomic that was on the sale shelf for $3.75, so I couldn't pass it up
  • Scout, Vol. 1, a collection of the '80s comic that I really hope still holds up (since I loved it then)
  • Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall
  • Nexus Archives, Volumes 3 and 4, which were also on the sale shelf for great prices
  • Spectrum 13, which I had to buy in a store this year (from which you can probably guess that the SFBC won't be selling it -- not my choice, but it happens)

No comments:

Post a Comment