Sunday, October 29, 2006

Book-A-Day #105 (10/29): Star Wars: Legacy of the Force: Exile by Aaron Allston

Since this book doesn't publish until February 27, I won't talk about plot points (they wouldn't make much sense without knowing the previous three books in the "Legacy of the Force" subseries, anyway, and #3, Bloodlines, doesn't even publish for a month).

I can say I had more fun reading this than I have with most recent Star Wars novels, whatever that means -- it felt zippier than previous "Legacy of the Force" books to me (on the other hand, I've just been on vacation for a week, so that could just mean that I'm not sleep-deprived for once). If you have any reason to believe your tastes are like mine when it comes to space opera, you'll probably like this. If you're on the Star Wars-hater side to begin with, though, this book won't convince you -- try Sean Stewart's Yoda book or Matt Stover's Shatterpoint for that.

The Fabulous Book-A-Day Index!
Edited 1/2/07: the huge list of links was getting annoying, and screwing up my Book-A-Day searches, so I've killed them in these posts that had them.

No comments:

Post a Comment