Saturday, October 14, 2006

Another Meme: Over-Sharing

Caitlin R. Kiernan was doing this one, too (see yesterday for slightly more context), so I'm just a big ol' lemming:

70 Random Personal Questions

1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be?
I hate talking on the phone, so it had better be someone offering me lots of money for free. (Sex would be nice, too, but I doubt my wife would appreciate my accepting the offer.)

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
I leave it against a pillar on the sidewalk, which is usually where I found it.

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
I wasn't aware that was an either-or thing. I think I listen more than I talk.

4. Do you take compliments well?
Exceptionally well -- just try me!

5. Are you an active person?
Not "active" in the sense of liking to get up and run around outdoors and do things like that, no. I am active rather than sessile, though.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
If it wasn't very far into the wilderness, maybe. I imagine I could walk out of a wilderness if I had to, but not survive there in the longer term.

7. Do you like to ride horses?
I've never tried, and I never intend to.

8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Yes, one week of Boy Scout camp, which I not only loathed, but which turned me off scouting entirely.

9. What was your favorite game as a kid?
At what age? Probably Hide & Seek at about 5, Adventure on the old Atari at 10 or 11, 1st edition AD&D at 14 or so.

10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you get involved with him/her?
It will never happen, so I can be virtuous and say "of course not."

11. Are you judgmental?
What kind of a person asks such a question? What are you, a moron? No, I take it back -- you're subhuman, a complete moral cripple to even dare to ask me that.

Um, no, I don't think so.

12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Unless she was an incredibly pious and close-minded whatever-it-is, I think I'd be fine. But, again, my wife would have serious problems with that.

13. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
Romantically? Neither; I'm not in the market.
Fox hunting? Pursuer, definitely.

14. Can you speak another language?
No.

15. If you had to choose, would you rather be deaf or blind?
Deaf.

16. What's your favorite food?
As a type of food? I guess I'd say pizza -- I am from New Jersey.

17. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
I understand the principles involved, but I've never held one.

18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
Thing 1 or Thing 2, whichever was closest.

19. How often do you read books?
Slightly less often than I breathe, but more often than I eat.

20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Yes.

21. What is your favorite children's book?
Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak

22. What color are your eyes?
Brown.

23. How tall are you?
I always say "six foot three," but I think I'm really a hair under that.

24. Where is your dream house located?
In the magical forest of N'astraum, beside the shining waters of the Gloam, where the pixies dance in the moonlight. Barbie currently caretakes it for me; you can buy a plastic replica for $89.99 this Christmas.

Honestly, I have a fairly definite image of my dream house in my head, but I really don't care where it is.

25. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Either my boss (yesterday at work) or Sheriff Jerry Speziale's recorded voice with an important message about the county's reverse 911 system last night.

26. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
No.

27. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
Not sure; probably during Lunacon last year. The Wife prefers Red Lobster for her franchised medium-priced meals.

28. What are your keys on your key chain for?
The Wife's car, my car, our house, my mother's house, a file cabinet that I think I threw out a few years ago, my usual luggage, some other luggage key.

29. What's your favorite color?
Black.

30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
So far, down into the center of town for the boys' Karate class and other errands. I'll go slightly further in another direction later today.

31. Where is your current pain at?
In the organ that detects faulty grammar.

32. Do you like mustard?
Not particularly.

33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
That entirely depends on whether I'm sleepy or hungry; wouldn't it always?

34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
Quite a bit like my father.

35. How long does it take you in the shower?
Ten minutes at the most.

36. Can you do splits?
God no.

37. What movie do you want to see right now?
Thank You For Smoking.

38. Do you put lotion on your dog or cats?
?!
Is this a common thing? I mean, it's bad enough to have small, nonsapient, hairy animals in your house, but do they usually require some kind of greasy emolument, too? {shudders}

39. What did you do for New Year's?
"If one elects to live with barbarians, one must endure the barbarous noises of their barbarous superstitions, but the disagreeable simpleton who sits up till midnight to ring a bell or fire a gun because the earth has arrived at a given point in its orbit should nevertheless be deprecated as an enemy to his race."
-Ambrose Bierce

40. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
I'm afraid I can't answer a question about a movie I'll never see in a genre I despise.

41. What was the cause of your last accident?
(Did this turn into the MMPI somewhere along the way? What's with the bizarre non sequitur questions?)
I probably tripped over something...

42. Do you own a camera phone?
No.

43. What are you drinking?
Bourbon and Coke, thanks. I'll get the next round.
(Actually, nothing at the moment.)

44. Was your mom a cheerleader?
No. Though she did originally plan to be a Phys Ed teacher.

45. What's the last letter of your middle name?
N.

46. Who did you vote for on American Idol?
You seem to be under the impression that everyone is interested in the same things you are -- it's a sign of a quite immature brain.

47. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Six during the week, eight on the weekends.

48. Do you like Care Bears?
I don't loathe them the way I did when I was sixteen and desperate for any shred of coolness, but I can't say I'm particularly fond of them.

49. What do you buy at the movies?
Tickets.
Is this some sort of IQ test?

50. Do you know how to play poker?
In a broad sense, yes. Haven't played in ages, though, and never was any good.

51. Do you wear your seatbelt?
Yes.

52. What do you wear to sleep?
Underwear.

53. Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
The mayor was arrested for bribery in an FBI sting, and the initial news report was that he was kidnapped. (This was almost twenty years ago.) That's probably the biggest.

54. How many meals do you eat a day?
Two most days; I try to hold the line at no more than three.

55. Is your tongue pierced?
No. Nor anything else.

56. Do you always read MySpace bulletins?
I've been on MySpace only a couple of times, and always flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

57. Do you have pets?
The boys have four fish (with one fish and one snail deceased), and did have two hamsters (which also died). I don't have any vermin personally.

58. Do you like funny or serious people better?
Funny, I guess. Both can be tedious if they only have the one mode.

59. Ever been to LA?
More or less -- I've been to conventions in Anaheim twice, and one of those times I flew into LAX.

60. Did you eat a cookie today?
Several.

61. Do you use cuss words in other languages?
No.

62. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
I mostly buy music the old-fashioned way, on CDs (since it then comes with its own backup). But I'm sure I've got some songs that I got somewhere not-entirely-legally.

63. Do you hate chocolate?
No.

64. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
I'm past that age, thankfully. (Once again another example of my Iron Rules of LiveJournal, that the assumption is that everyone is a high school student.)

65. Is your cell usually on vibrate or ring?
It's really only for making calls, so it's always on vibrate; most of the few calls I get are mistakes.

66. Are you a gullible person?
No.

67. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
I don't think so, but I've been with The Wife for twenty years now, so...

68. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be?
Landed Gentleman.

69. Are you easy to get along with?
I think so.

70. What is your favorite time of day?
Late at night/early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment