Thursday, September 14, 2006

Opposites Attract

Last night The Wife was a bit flustered, trying to get her things together and get out the door for a Cub Scouts parents' meeting. She was anxious because she's the Popcorn Lady this year (as she puts it: Girl Scouts sell cookies, Cub Scouts sell popcorn), and she'd have to give a presentation to all of the parents to explain how the fund-raiser works and all that good stuff.

I remarked that I'm always much happier giving a presentation or speaking before a group than I am having to talk one-on-one with someone, especially if strangers are involved.

She stopped and looked at me funny, as if I'd just grown some odd extra limb, and said that she (and, by implication, the majority of the human race that is sane) felt exactly the opposite.

Then she went out and knocked 'em dead, as I knew she would.

No comments:

Post a Comment