Monday, August 07, 2006

Book-A-Day #21 (8/7): Samurai Executioner, Vol. 10: A Couple of Jitte by Kazuo Koike & Goseki Kojima

The pile of comics & such next to my computer at home is now only about a foot higher than my head when I sit down, which is a great improvement. And the emergency auxiliary pile off to the side has been completely depleted as well. Now if I can only do the same to all the other piles!

There's not much to say about this book: it's the last in the Samurai Executioner series, which itself is a loose continuation of the themes and ideas of the Lone Wolf & Cub series by the same authors. I don't know all that much about manga, but I do think these are good stuff, and a window into a world that's very different from the one I live in. (Some of my readers may actually live in Edo-era Japan, so I won't speak for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment