Monday, July 17, 2006

Incoming Books: 16 July

Yesterday I took a trip out to my usual bookstore to pick up a few special-order books, and happened to buy some other things while I was there. And so I brought home:
  • Hit Parade by Lawrence Block
    Third in the "Keller's Greatest Hits" series of fix-up novels.
  • Wrong About Japan by Peter Carey
    I've read one or two of his novels, and was vaguely interested in this travel book anyway -- then I saw an immaculate used copy for half-price, so I couldn't resist.
  • Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
    I wasn't thrilled by Sons and Lovers when I read that in college, but I figured I'd give him another chance -- if I don't like this one, there's no reason to read any more Lawrence.
  • Gullible's Travels by Cash Peters
    A book of travel essays by a "Bad Taste Tourist."
  • Somewhere in America by Mark Singer
    New Yorker reportage, human-interest division.
  • The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell
    Random essays, as far as I know.
  • Book One: Work 1986-2006 by Chip Kidd
    A monograph by the most famous book designer in the world.
  • The Complete Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
    No one got it for me for Christmas or my birthday, so I bought my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment