Thursday, May 25, 2006

Interview With Mo Willems

He's one of my boys' favorite authors (right up there with Captain Underpants's Dav Pilkey, and that's saying something), and I love his stuff as well. The Pigeon books get most of the love, and they are a lot of fun, but Knuffle Bunny is simply wonderful.

How wonderful?

Aggle Flaggle Klabble!
Wumpy Flappy!
Snurp?

See, you don't know what that means, because you haven't read Knuffle Bunny. And that's sad. (Hm, could you buy it from the SFBC, if you wanted to?...{searches}...why yes! you can -- Knuffle Bunny.)

Anyway, there's a nice interview with Mo Willems (who I missed meeting when he visited my office a few months ago -- something I'm still bitter about), up at Drawn! The Illustration Blog. Even if you don't have kids, read it. If you do have kids, read it and then buy his books. If a lot of people buy Knuffle Bunny from the SFBC it will confuse a bunch of my bosses, and that will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment