Saturday, April 01, 2006

Haul from the 3/30 Comics Shop Trip

I'm running very late this week, but this is the good stuff I snarfed up at Midtown Comics (my shop in Manhattan) the last time I was there:
  • Samurai Executioner Vol.9
    I love me my historically-accurate samurai action.
  • Luba: The Book of Ofelia
    The new Love & Rockets book from Gilbert Hernandez, whom I continue to have mixed feelings about. (I think he's a great storyteller -- better even than his brother Jaime, which is saying something -- but his regular cast is just too large and unwieldy to really resonate with readers who aren't memorizing the stories and construction their own flowcharts.)
  • Flaming Carrot Special
    Photocomics from Bob Burden -- just when you thought the world couldn't get any weirder.
  • Keif Llama, Xenotech #5
    More Matt Howarth skiffy goodness.
  • Sonic X #6
    For Thing 1. I'm not proud; I want him to read as much stuff as possible, and he loves Sonic.
  • Teen Titans Go! #29
    Mostly for Thing 1, but I always read it first. And I semi-hate to admit it, but it's by far my favorite long-johns comic of about the past decade. (Which isn't really a surprise, give my feelings about underwear perverts.)
  • Top 10: The 49ers
    I waited for the paperback because I'm cheap, but this has been getting great reviews, and I liked the regular Top 10 series.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog #160
    Again, for Thing 1.
  • Subversive Beauty
    The new Luis Royo art book, bought mostly for work purposes.
  • The Middle Man
    Humorous adventure story, bought because of a good review. (I think from Comics Should Be Good, which I recommend highly.)
  • She-Hulk: Single Green Female
    Also bought because of a good Comics Should Be Good review (if I remember rightly), and because part of the current series by the same team was posted on Scans Daily. So I spent my own money on something because someone scanned a piece of it and gave it away for free. (Somewhere, Cory Doctorow is smiling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment