Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Today's WFA Reading: 2/1

I knew it would happen sooner or later; the big packages have started coming. It's thrilling and frightening at the same time: one part look at all of this cool stuff! and one part I've got to read all of this very quickly! I still haven't gotten anything I've already read, but nearly all of the books today are things I already wanted to read, which is nice.

Anyway, here's what arrived, in one big box and four not all that much smaller soft mailing envelopes:
  • The September and December issues of F&SF, of course
  • from Carroll & Graf, The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror 16 and Horror: Another 100 Best Books
  • from Raw Dog Screaming Press (who were previously unknown to me), Forrest Aguirre's Fugue XXIX and Scott Thomas's Westermead
  • from Chronicle Books, It's Superman! by Tom DeHaven
  • and from Tor (accompanied by an note mentioning that these are seven of the twenty-two books that they will be submitting), Four and Twenty Blackbirds by Cherie Priest, Jonathan Carroll's Glass Soup (now I can get rid of my bound manuscript! yay!), Someone Comes To Town, Someone Leaves Town by Cory Doctorow, Susan Palwick's The Necessary Beggar, Paul Park's A Princess of Roumania (which I was just talking about in the office this afternoon), Child of a Rainless Year by Jane Lindskold, and Gene Wolfe's Starwater Strains: New Science Fiction Stories. I'm not sure why that last one is in there, but I'm a big Wolfe fan, so I might just have to read it on general principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment