Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The First Stupid Blog Meme I Came Across

Diana Peterfreund was doing it, so I guess I will, too.

What were you doing ten years ago?
Working as an Associate Editor for the SFBC and running the Doubleday Large Print Book Club in my spare time. I had my own office with my own door back then, too. (Not that I'm bitter now, goodness no.) We were working at 1540 Broadway in those days, and I think we'd come down from the 23rd floor to the 16th floor by that point -- which means I probably had my own window, too.

In my personal life, also pretty similar to now -- married, living in the same house, but pre-children.

What were you doing one year ago?
Sitting in an office (at 1271 6th Avenue, that time), working on the SFBC books for spring of 2005. My life, apparently, doesn't change much.

Five Snacks You Enjoy:
What? Only five? I'm not sure I could narrow it down to five categories. How about stuff I really love: Brach Jelly Bird Eggs, Ferrero Rocher chocolates, Cadbury Fruit & Nut bars (the kind you get in the UK, not the USA, by preference), Kidzels pretzels, Frosted Mini-Wheats.

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
  • R.E.M.'s "It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" (memorized it because I thought it would be fun, and I hope it's still all there)
  • Elvis Costello's "Battered Old Bird" (I know a lot of EC songs by heart or nearly so, but this one I'm sure of)
  • Oingo Boingo's "No One Lives Forever" (another band I probably know the words to nearly everything)
  • They Might Be Giants' "Don't Let's Start" (again, among others)
  • Pink Floyd's "One of These Days" (because I felt like cheating)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
  • Move into a bigger house, with an actual library, so my books could live above ground.
  • Get The Wife a new car (probably minivan) and myself a car of my own for the first time in my life.
  • Go to Disneyland this summer (which we might manage to do anyway; thank you, Worldcon voters).
  • If the new house didn't already come with one, have a pool put in. Kids love pools. (I do, too.)
  • Hire somebody to cut the grass (and take care of the pool), for as long as the money lasted.
Five Bad Habits:
I have no bad habits. None at all. I don't lie, for example.

Five Things You Like Doing:
Reading, listening to music, walking, making lists and wasting time.

Five Things You Would Never Wear or Buy Again:
This may be terribly male of me, but I don't think I get the point of this one. I don't expect to buy any more infant car seats or wear any more dickies, but I doubt that was what's expected here.

Five Favorite Toys:
iPod, GameCube, new Tungsten E2, Thing 2 (he likes me to flip him onto the bed), and whatever Lego I've built most recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment